Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fast Metabolism Diet Party

I was selected to host a Mommyparty for The Fast Metabolism Diet book.  If you've never heard of it here is a book description from Amazon.

Phase I (Monday-Tuesday): Lots of carbs and fruits
Phase II (Wednesday-Thursday): Lots of proteins and veggies
Phase III (Friday-Sunday): All of the above, plus healthy fats and oils

By keeping your metabolism guessing in this specific and deliberate way, you’ll get it working faster. This isn’t just a theory, it’s the results-based product of Haylie Pomroy’s successful programs.  It’s worked for celebrities, for athletes, and for people with chronic illnesses who need to lose weight, doctor’s orders.  Now it’s going to work for you.

In 4 weeks not only will you see the weight fall off, you’ll also see your cholesterol drop, your blood sugar stabilize, your energy increase, your sleep improve, and your stress dramatically reduce. All thanks to the miraculous power of real, delicious, satisfying food!


I decided to share with the teachers at my school.  I had quite a few interested in the book.  I know that many of us teachers spend so much time doing school related things that we don't take time for ourselves.  I don't know very many people that don't want to lose weight or get healthier. 

All the goodies to give away. 

Some of the goodies to sample.  There are lots of recipes in the book to help.
 
Mm...Cucumbers and sweet potato hummus.  I had a non sweet potato version as well.

 
The pork roast was really good!

I had about 7 teachers stop by our little party.  Many came by and tasted the food and went back to work a little more.  I cooked several of the recipes from the book and they are pretty easy to make (most of them).  I had a hard time finding Tahini (once I figured out what it was) to make the humus.  I really messed up the Watermelon smoothie somehow.  The peppermint extract didn't have a dropper and I put in too much.  I thought it would blend in because I was taking the single serving and multiplying it by 12.  Apparently, the extract sank to the bottom so the last smoothies dished out tasted really bad.  Oops.  I'll try it again at home.  A couple teachers weren't able to make it, but they stopped by later and picked up their books.  They went pretty quick.  

Enjoy a couple pictures of our teachers enjoying the partyI blurred out the teachers faces because...well they are teachers and most preferred not to have their picture public on the blog.  I decided to just blur them all out.


Mrs. B showing us an exercise that she does with P90x.
Disclosure: I was given the supplies to host this party for MomSelect Mommyparties.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...