Thursday, September 5, 2013

Alphabet Flash cards by Educational Toys Planet Review

Alphabet cards were provided for this review 



We received Alphabet Flash Cards by Educational Toys Planet to review. I'm a teacher so of course I was happy to receive these cards. Sissy, 5, is old enough to play card games with us, but Bubby, 3, isn't quite old enough. These are perfect for him. He is learning his letters and he gets to play card games like his big Sissy.









We put all the cards letter side up and they had to match uppercase and lowercase letters.  They enjoyed doing this and it was easy enough for Bubby.  He is starting to recognize and name some of his letters too!



For a little more challenge for Sissy, we put the cards down picture facing up and had them try to find pictures that start with the same letter.


There are so many things we can do with them to make it easier or harder. Typically when you think of flash cards, you imagine sitting and drilling the child on the letter on the card. I'm not a huge fan of just straight drilling with flash cards because it gets boring after awhile. I do enjoy using them for a games to make learning fun. My kids love the pictures too.  Don't underestimate simple flash cards for fun learning and games with your children.  Even just seeing the letters while naming the pictures will help with reading skills later on.

You can find them here for $2.97.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read your post and really tour given suggestions of toys for toddlers are nice because it will not damage to kids. Toys & Games online

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...